Senior Consultant, MS-SQL Database Administrator
Category: Consulting / Business / Functional City: Markham, Ontario, Canada Position ID: J1210-1086 - Permanent Full Time
Senior DBA (MS-SQL) Consultant
• Over 5 years of experience in working closely with an application/enterprise architect
• Superior communication skills – both written & verbal.
• Make technical recommendations, develops and implements policies, standards and procedures to ensure the security, integrity, and efficiency of the enterprise database(s)
• Lead capacity for the DBA NMO (Sharepoint/TFS & SQL) team in the planning, development and maintenance of databases systems for all of the apps.
• Draft design, and help the intermediate DBA/DB developer for implementation
• Demonstrate accountability for completing work assignments, meeting commitments and deadlines
• Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Able to work with limited supervision
• Able to work in a team environment
• Able to be client-oriented and work on consulting or project mandates
• Able to work under pressure
Required Work Experience:
6+ years minimum related work experience in the capacity of an MS-SQL Production support and
• Expert DBA with MS-SQL2000, 2005 and 2008
• Expert with SQL clustered servers
• Database upgrades between versions (i.e. 2000 to 2005 or 2005 to 2008)
• proven MS-SQL database ‘Health Check” analysis/review/ tuning/optimization experience;
• Ability to perform regular database backup and recovery tests, disaster recovery tests and data archiving for the environment
• Ability to create/modify DTS and SSIS packages
• Ability to create and read SQL Profiler traces
• Be able to code stored procedures, views, functions, scripts
• Previous/recent expert certifications, in MS-SQL 2000 / 05 or 08
• Windows and Linux,
• proven/previous 7x24x365 Production Support experience
• experience with other DBMS’s such as Oracle would be an asset;
• experience with .Net would be an asset
• both written and spoken English must be excellent to ensure clear, prompt communications during critical database outage calls, with senior Customer management
• previous team leadership/leadership experience would be an asset;
• demonstrated ability to act in a “sales and marketing role”, engaging potential, new Customers, in efforts to secure new customer engagements
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company – one that has grown to professionals located in 100+ offices worldwide. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients win and grow. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients – and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.