IP System Administrator - Bereskin & Parr LLP
IP System Administrator - TORONTO
There is an immediate opportunity available as an IP SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR to work out of our downtown Toronto office. This position will be working along side our current IP System Administrator and is primarily responsible for the on-going administration of the Patricia file management system.
- Developing and maintaining the quality and integrity of the firm’s IP file management system (Patricia), including: customizing the due dates, tasks, dockets and other essential parts of the system.
- Assisting end users with any questions they have with regards to the system and procedures.
- Generating user-friendly ad hoc reports, using the data found within the system, including advanced customized reports.
- Troubleshooting problem areas and providing feedback to the user and/or system supplier, when required.
- Monitoring progress of the issues reported to the system supplier, ensuring a feasible solution is given within an acceptable timeframe.
- Communicating with system supplier to encourage further development of new functionalities based on the needs of the firm.
- Keeping up-to-date with worldwide intellectual property law changes to ensure that there is integrity and accuracy in the due dates generated by the system.
- Working with the firm’s Trainer to provide training to users and updating training materials for the Patricia System.
- Three to five years of experience with database design and management.
- Three to five years of experience working in the Intellectual Property environment would be an asset.
- Specialized knowledge of the Patricia file management system (Maintenance, Client Server for Windows and Patricia Web) would be an asset.
- Proficient using PC/Windows platform, MAC/Firefox Browser, Java Plug-ins, Infomaker and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Intermediate knowledge of logical database design.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong time management and project management skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) including the ability to deal with all levels of staff and service providers.
- Excellent reasoning and judgment skills.
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are asked to email their resumes to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "IP System Administrator" in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bereskin & Parr is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities.
Last updated on April 30, 2011