Senior DBA - SQL Server - Book4Time
More Database and SAP Jobs in Ontario
Senior DBA - SQL Server
||Richmond Hill, York, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
||15th Jan 2011
||28th Feb 2011
|Senior DBA - SQL Server
Book4Time is a leading provider of On Demand, Appointment Scheduling and Business Management Software (SaaS) to the health and wellness market. Embraced by some of the world's largest hotel chains and independent businesses, Book4Time is setting a new standard with its Enterprise class, web-based SaaS business solutions.
Reporting to the CTO, this position is responsible for the overall management of our internal and production databases. You’ll be the key point of contact for some of our major accounts in addition to providing our product support team with troubleshooting and database related tasks.
• Manage all aspects of SQL Server administration; troubleshooting, configuration, maintenance, installation and upgrades of database software.
• Implement monitoring, auditing and alert systems to report performance, capacity and availability measures within the various production environments.
• Perform trend analysis and stress testing to anticipate capacity and performance problems in production environment.
• Perform administration of databases including creation, backups/restores, scheduled jobs, troubleshooting and performance tuning.
• Create and manage schedule jobs to perform data imports/ exports, nightly backups/ restores and other batch processes.
• Consultation with clients on projects related tasks and related incidents reported that require technical assistance, troubleshooting and resolution.
• Provide 2nd level emergency support on production issues 24/7 when required.
• Thorough understanding of database concepts and hands-on experience in the day-to-day operations, troubleshooting, database design, conversions and administration of complex database systems.
• 5+ years of experience managing, configuring and maintaining 2005/2008 SQL Server databases in a high-availability environment across geographical locations.
• 5+ years experience in the following areas; database performance tuning, backup and recovery, system architecture and design, as well as high availability concepts.
• Proven experience developing procedures, processes and conventions to standardize database operations.
• A high-performing individual with strong initiative and adaptability.
• Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to extract the relevant details from very complex problems and recommend clear solutions.
• Excellent teamwork, presentation, and verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to develop cross-functional relationships.
• Excellent problem-solving and project planning and management skills
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or college diploma in a relevant field.
|Sorry! This job is no longer active as the closing date for applications has passed. You can view other vacancies from this company (if they have any) by clicking on their name above, alternatively we may have some suggestions for similar vacancies listed below that might be of interest.
Last updated on March 14, 2011