||DBA /Systems Developer
||Corporate Information Technology
|JOB REF. No.
This person would be Responsible for supporting the SQL Server databases and working with product development team to build new components to the system, as well as maintaining and updating existing software (MaxxLIMS systems).
- · Ensure backups and redundancy are maintained to assure failover mechanisms.
- · Perform index optimization and code performance tuning
- · Design, develop and maintain T-SQL procedures and triggers and SSIS packages
- · Monitor and troubleshoot SQL related issues
- · Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
- · Perform database tuning including monitoring, troubleshooting and optimizing performance of the databases.
- · Setup, monitor, and resolve database mirror issues.
- · Assist in system architecting, designing and developing of MaxxLIMS system.
- · Work with existing developers in providing support for the data-base driven software products.
- · Document program design, coding and maintenance to allow future changes for new and existing applications.
- · Experience with SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 required.
* Expert knowledge of SSIS package creation and implementation
* Expert knowledge of index optimization and performance tuning
* Strong knowledge of TSQL.
* Strong knowledge of SQL 2005/2008 Reporting Services
* Database replication, clustering knowledge, and mirroring.
- · Strong performance monitoring and tuning skill set.
- · 3+ years of designing and implementing object oriented distributed applications using .NET 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 technologies in C#.
- · Communicate clearly and effectively with both development and non-development staff.
- · Attentive to the needs of customers (both internal and external to the organization)
- · Ability to work with others, especially in a small office environment where everyone has different skills and backgrounds.
- · University degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or a related field is preferred.
- · Experience in LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) applications a plus.
Maxxam Analytics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to the creation of a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. Individuals are hired solely upon the basis of their qualifications and ability to fulfill the requirements of the job.